Wednesday, September 14, 2011

This is the Title.

I have gotten a few requests for new posts.  It's nice to know that those of you who do read this, actually enjoy it. It has been one day short of a month since I last updated, and sorry to say it isn't because I've been so busy dating.  So here's the latest:

Interpreter Guy and I are no longer messaging.  It didn't end badly, we just stopped, and that's how that goes.  He and I were not ideal matches, mostly because he was far more introverted than I.  As I have mentioned before, he also said he didn't have any friends and this greatly concerned me, I don't want to be someone's savior.  If a guy is not who he wants to be (or already working on getting there by himself) I just can't be part of that scenario, relationship wise.  I am all for partners helping each other see the better sides of themselves, that's great, but if one person is doing all the helping that relationship is doomed to fail (or at the very least it's a relationship that I'd rather not enter into).  Either way, I assume both of us realized this, as our messaging fizzled into nothingness.  

I've gotten various messages from other guys, but they just aren't what I'm looking for.  These guys have been more along the lines of high school education, love smoking pot, from a different country and/or hardly speak any english.  I did get matched up with a friend of mine, which in honesty restored some hope that there are decent men on OkC.  And one guy I wrote who lives in a different state actually wrote back with a nice note, but said he wasn't interested in long distance, sad day...But, what can you?  

I'm beginning to think that finding men online is not the best way to go about this.  At this age, I don't really know what the best way is, but in the last few months it has not been online.  I am not giving up; I will leave my profile intact.  However, I am not going to actively engage in searching for matches.  I'm done with that for right now.  I'm a just let things happen kind of girl, who decided to try something different, and that different didn't work out like I'd hoped.  So, I am taking what I learned from this experience and rolling with it. I talked to a few guys, I got over being too afraid to send a message, and now I am going to continue on taking care of myself and making my life what I want it to be.  If I happen to meet some awesome guy along the way, more power to me. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't get this from our last conversation. You're done, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, just not going to be so actively pursuing things, if that makes sense. I'll still post when things happen. :)

    And also, we will be going out on the town one of these nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been loving your blog :) Thanks for the new post. Hope your path leads to that perfect man for you one day soon! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete