Friday, July 29, 2011

You want to know what?!

All right dear readers, it is go time!  At this point I’m sticking with the free dating sites. (On my ever so lovely grad student salary of nothing, I can’t afford to pay; if you’ve got extra cash lying around and feel so inclined to pay for this Single Girl’s high end dating site subscription, I will accept.)  I’m going with okcupid.com and plentyoffish.com.  If anyone knows of other sites that I should join, I will do so, just point me in the right direction!

Here’s the thing, I hate writing about myself on profiles! I know myself; I can describe what I like and what I do in life.  Writing this in a manner in which I come across sounding like the awesome girl I am…how?...wait…what? What are guys looking for? Who am I to know, I mean really? So HELP ME my lovelies!  I will let you know what these dating sites want from me, and you (pretty please) tell me what and what not to write.

Okcupid has a list of things they want filled out, and here they are:
- My self-summary
- What I'm doing with my life
- I'm really good at
- The first things people usually notice about me
- Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
- The six things I could never do without
- I spend a lot of time thinking about
- On a typical Friday night I am
- The most private thing I'm willing to admit
- You should message me if

PoF asks for:
- Headline
- Description
- First Date
- Interests

With these questions my profile could be filled with anywhere from nothing to way-too-much information.  How much is too much? Tell me, what do you think is appropriate?  Also, catchy headlines are what?

1 comment:

  1. You're still awesome. And I have nothing to give you.

    ReplyDelete